Last Thursday, I got to enjoy in some of that ever elusive Me Time. Hubby was just gone for just one night, but I spent the whole night doing what I wanted, and it was fantastic! I did, however, not go to sleep until 8:30 Friday morning, and that was simply because I couldn’t hold my eyes open any longer (this is how I know I’m getting older… haha!). I was happy he got home that day.
But, you don’t necessarily have to have alone time to treat yourself. Sometimes, all it takes is indulging in a few of your guilty pleasures…
Guilty pleasures can be as simple as listening to your favorite CD in the car or giving in to that Venti Caramel Cocoa Cluster Frappuccino on the way home from a long day at work. Either way, I thought I’d share a few of my secret guilty pleasures with you:
- I grew up in the era of boy bands. If you get down to it, though, they’ve sort of been around for awhile. But, when you use the term “boy band” most people think of *NSYNC and the Backstreet Boys. I listened to plusONE, the Christian equivalent. So, there are days when I dig out my CDs, stick their first album in the stereo, and crank it up.
- I love coffee. If you’ve been around this blog for any amount of time, you know how much we love coffee! But sometimes, you just want that extra little something that comes from your favorite coffee shop. Whether it’s Starbucks, Biggby, or a local hole-in-the-wall, it just tastes better when you let a pro make it for you.
- Do you ever do that thing where you’re out shopping, you find something cute, but you check the price tag and put it back? We’ve all been there, of course! It’s generally a smart practice: if something is outside of your price range, don’t do something you’ll instantly regret. But sometimes, it’s okay to splurge. Especially if you know you’ll end up regretting not buying it even more. I like to keep a little extra cushion in my spending money for just such an occasion.
- If you’re a crafter, like me, sometimes you just gotta buy more supplies! I love scrapbook paper. I have at least half a dozen different pads of paper, not to mention all the single sheets I’ve bought. And sometimes, especially when there’s a good sale (50% off? Um, hello!), I go for it! I don’t always have an idea for what to do with the paper. It honestly just comes down to it’s cute and I like it, so I’m buying it. Plus, with my new awesome desk, I’ve finally got somewhere to store it! Maybe that means I’ll actually start using it…
- And, for Pete’s sake, order dessert! We’re always worried about the bill being too high or the calorie count being too high or whatever. But sometimes, you just gotta give in and get it. If you’re worried you won’t have enough room after dinner, order dessert first! Or, take it home for a midnight snack.
So, how about you? Do you have a guilty pleasure or two? How do you like to treat yourself? Tell us in the comments, or tag us on Instagram: @238milesapart