Before we were blog-writers, we were blog-readers. Our favorite blogs and bloggers inspired us then and they encourage us now. If there’s one thing we’ve learned on this journey so far, it’s that blogging is more about community than competition. That’s why we’re sharing ten of our favorite blogs to read with you today. These talented ladies have amazing stories to share, so check them out!
- Jones Design Company: This was the first blog I ever read, and it’s the one I’ve been reading the longest. I’m not sure how I found it but when I did, I wasn’t even sure what a blog was! I quickly fell in love with Emily’s writing style—it’s like she’s having a conversation with you!—and her home, which is featured on the blog. She has a great sense of style and embraces DIY projects of all kinds. Not to mention, she designs the sweetest art prints and stationery! I feel like we’re kindred spirits and I’m always inspired by her blog. –Sarah
- Fat Mum Slim: I found Chantelle on Instagram originally (@fatmumslim) when I discovered her Photo A Day challenge. She blogs about all kinds of things, including photography and her two adorable kids. She’s got great tips for cooking and stylizing your Insta pics. We also really love the overall look of her blog itself with it’s clean, bright, simple colors. Sarah’s even recently joined in on her Oh-So-Happy Mail Project! -Deborah
- Natasha in a Nutshell: This is the most recent addition to the blogs I read on a regular basis. I discovered it when I started following Natasha (@natasha.kingsbury) on Instagram. I fell in love with the beautiful pictures of her mountaintop wedding in Colorado and decided to check out her blog. Turns out, she and her husband recently purchased a fixer-upper home built in 1898 (twenty years older than ours!) and are in the process of renovating. As someone who can relate to the challenges and rewards of owning an old home, it’s nice to know I’m not alone and to see the journey through her eyes. –Sarah
- Modern Mrs. Darcy: Modern Mrs. Darcy is another of our joint favorites, because she’s the creator of the reading challenge we’re participating in this year! MMD has great content about all types of books. I like how she includes other items in her blog that aren’t necessarily “book-related”, but that we bookworms will appreciate. -Deborah
- Gimme Some Oven: This is my all-time favorite food/recipe blog! Although there are a lot of other food bloggers out there that I LOVE, Ali is my favorite! Her blog is full of amazing recipes, accompanied by stunning photos! Because I cook a lot more now than I used to, Gimme Some Oven has become my go-to for delicious meals minus the overly-complicated directions and ingredients. I love every single thing of hers that I make! –Sarah
- The Palmetto Peaches: Donni and Ace are kind of our kindred spirits because they are two best friends who have a blog together! I actually went to elementary school with Donni, so we go back a ways too. As a lover of lists myself, I especially love whenever they share lists of their favorite TV show couples, 90s movies, or playlists. They also love Shonda Rhimes, like we do! -Deborah
- A Cup of Jo: Another new (to me) blog, this one was actually recommended by Gimme Some Oven and I couldn’t stop reading it. Joanna Goddard writes about style, food, relationships, and being a mother like one of your best friends would. Her posts are honest and funny and REAL. I especially love her weekend posts, which are basically lists of everything, from the serious to the comical, that she’s currently loving—and you will, too! –Sarah
- The Dating Divas: This site is awesome!!! I found The Dating Divas on Pinterest a while back, and I’ve been following them ever since. They provide so many great things to help you keep dating, even after you’re married. They’ve got great free printables, gift inspiration, and date night ideas. Also, how can you pass up the great colors on their site?! -Deborah
- Money Saving Mom: I’ve been reading this one for a while, pretty much on a daily basis! It started as an effort to save some money but it’s so much more than that now. Crystal does have some amazing money-saving resources on the blog, from an incredible coupon database to meal plan ideas and freebie notifications. But, she also writes about the books that encourage her and the God-moments she witnesses with her kids. She shares honestly about what it’s like to be a wife, mom, teacher, author, and entrepreneur—giving me some serious #lifegoals. I always look forward to reading this one! –Sarah
- Illustrated Faith: The Illustrated Faith blog is definitely one of my all time favorites. If you haven’t heard of Illustrated Faith, check them out! Dayspring recently joined up with Shanna Noel to carry the Illustrated Faith line of Bible journaling supplies. The blog is actually a joint effort; each post is written by a different creative lady. I love it so much because it shows everyone’s different styles, and it’s a great place to get some inspiration if you’re like me and just getting started with your Bible journaling. -Deborah
And a bonus blog for the men:
- The Art of Manliness: I found The Art Of Manliness a couple years ago through a Facebook post that was shared. Their articles focus on personal growth as men, including building character, defining and adhering to principles, and taking responsibility as men. I have been consistently impressed with the quality of the content. Their articles provide quality insight and opportunities for growth as a man. -Andrew
If you like what you see, you can follow most of these blogs (and ours!) on Bloglovin’. What are some of your favorite blogs to read?