Well, another weekend has come and gone. And we’re almost done with February already too! Hard to believe. But, as we’re getting into the swing of another Monday and another week, we thought we’d share some of our favorites of the moment with you.
- Love What Matters: This Facebook profile is one of my favorites! It’s nothing but pictures and videos connected with stories that help restore your faith in humanity. Stories about people paying it forward, helping animals, and just being generally decent human beings. Almost every story brings a tear to my eyes.
- French Press coffee: My husband has spoiled me. If you’ve never had a French press before, stop right now, and just go ahead and buy your own press. Because, once you’ve gone French press, you can’t go back. In my opinion, a French press has a smooth taste and is less acidic than regular drip coffee. It does take a little longer, but it’s worth it. I also like to use the press overnight to make concentrate for my cold-brew coffee!
- Stressed Out by twenty one pilots: I first heard this song on the radio a few weeks ago, and I didn’t really care for it because the verse is kinda weird lyrically. It doesn’t rhyme or have a steady rhythm (which is the point, if you listen to the lyrics). Now it’s hard to sit still while I listen to it. Definitely one to crank up in the car! Also, the chorus is pretty much how we all feel these days…
Wish we could turn back time
To the good old days
When our momma sang us to sleep
But now we’re stressed out
-“Stressed Out” by twenty one pilots
- “When Calls the Heart”: As a little girl, I loved reading the novels of Laura Ingalls Wilder and watching countless episodes of “Little House on the Prairie.” My love for the pioneer stories only grew with my age, as I discovered Christian romance novels from authors like Lori Wick and Janette Oke. So, I was especially excited when I discovered “When Calls the Heart” from the Hallmark channel. The show is based on Janette Oke’s book of the same title and it takes place in Canada. It tells the story of a wealthy school teacher who moves from the big city to a small mining town to teach the children there. She, of course, learns to adapt to a simpler, more primitive lifestyle, while falling in love with a handsome Mountie. It’s a classic pioneer story, filled with love and drama, and it’s quickly become a favorite of mine. You can watch seasons 1 & 2 on Netflix or catch season 3 on the Hallmark channel. (The first episode debuted last night!)
- “The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up”: I finally started reading this book last week. It’s incredibly well-written and offers a fresh perspective on tidying (or de-cluttering) your home. Marie Kondo is very passionate about teaching people the proper way to organize and maintain their belongings. She insists that it’s better to tidy by category instead of location and that we shouldn’t do a little at a time, but attack one category to completion to avoid the endless cycle. She also says it’s important to only have things in your home that bring you joy. This appeals to my desire to be more minimalistic and deliberate in the things I choose to surround myself with. I can’t wait to read the next section and get into the specifics, like clothing and books!!
- The Dating Divas: I recently came upon this website and can’t believe I haven’t heard of it before now! It has a ton of great resources for married couples, from date night ideas (for at home and out) to marriage advice. Not to mention, some super cute, FREE printable love notes to send to your sweetheart. And, if you sign up for their weekly newsletter, you get their 7 Days of Love Program, which is an excellent way to learn more about your spouse and have some fun in the process. Let me know if you give it a try!
Those are just some of our current favorites! We want to know—what are you loving this week?