Hello! We hope you all had a wonderful, extended weekend! We enjoyed spending some extra time with the people we love most, but we’re excited to see what this week has in store for us! Here’s what we’re loving so far.
- Sperry Top-Siders: I am a Sperry girl, through and through. Ever since my brother gave me my first pair for Christmas when I was in high school, I’ve been hooked! They are the most comfortable pair of shoes I’ve ever owned and they last forever. I wear every pair I get to death, until they’re practically begging to be replaced. They’re a little on the pricey side, so I usually have to save up for them or catch them on sale. Fortunately, using some coupons and rewards certificates, I was able to score a great deal on this pair at DSW the other day! It’s my first time not going with the traditional tan color and I have to say, I love the gray!
- Animals with their own Instagram Accounts: Okay. An animal having its own Instagram account is a pretty ridiculous idea…at least, that’s what I used to think. Then I discovered some pretty darn adorable animals and they changed my mind. Because, for the same reason I like following The Dogist, I love having the occasional furry face pop up in my feed and brighten my day. A few of my favorites are @pitterpatterfurryfeet, @prissy_pig, and @harlowandsage (pictured above).
- Emily McDowell’s Love Lessons Haiku: Speaking of Instagram accounts, Emily McDowell Studio creates unique greeting cards and art prints (among other things) that are brutally honest and laugh-out-loud funny. I started following @emilymcdowell_ after discovering #lovelessonhaiku. It’s a series of short poems (in 5-7-5 syllabic form) filled with lessons on love and dating, written by everyday people like you and me. It was originally created as a way to celebrate Valentine’s Day but she just announced yesterday that it will be continuing on as a sort of Life Lessons Haiku, featuring different topics. You can submit your own haiku on her website for a chance to win a gift card to the site.
- Water Brush Pens: In true handletterer fashion, one of my newest faves are these babies I picked up this past week from Michael’s. I’d been wanting to try the water brush pens after seeing some videos where people use them, but the one that I really want costs about twice what I paid for this whole set! I figured $3-$4 wasn’t too bad, and it’s an easy way to determine if I like the medium before I go spending more. Looking forward to some new handlettering projects in the near future!
- Exodus 31:6 necklace: My lovely friend Erin went to an awesome Bible journaling workshop last weekend. In attendance were several Instagrammers that we both love and follow. Erin even got to hang out with them! Like any good friend would do, since I wasn’t there to enjoy the experience with her, she sent me pictures all weekend long and kept me in the loop. Then, when we got together for coffee a few days later, she presented me with all kinds of workshop swag. My favorite item though was this necklace from The Adopt Shoppe. I’d had my eye on it for a little while now, so I was super grateful when she pulled it out of her bag just for me!
- Salted Caramel Truffle Blizzard®: Have I mentioned how they just opened up a stand alone Dairy Queen literally across the street from me? And have I mentioned how much I love ice cream at any time of the year? Oh my gosh. Anyway, since Andrew and I are doing our actual Valentine’s Day dinner date tonight, we did a mini date on Sunday (Sundays are usually pretty crazy for us) that included dinner and dessert at the DQ. I had my second Salted Caramel Truffle Blizzard®, and it was just as tasty this time around! According to the menu, it has “Salted Caramel Truffles, buttery toffee pieces, cocoa fudge, and choco chunks blended with creamy vanilla soft serve.” Um, more please…
So, did you discover some new favorites over the long weekend? Tell us about them in the comments!