Hello again! Can you believe a whole month of 2016 has already come and gone?! February’s upon us and love is in the air… Or is that the smell of chocolate? 🙂 Either way, here are some of the things we’re LOVING this week!
- BOBS from Skechers: For the longest time, I wasn’t a fan of this style shoe (BOBS or Toms) because the way the canvas folds made it look too much like a pointed toe. Turns out, I just needed to find a pattern I liked! I actually spotted these at least 6 months ago in Famous Footwear, but I couldn’t justify $40 for another pair of shoes (I have way too many as it is…), so I added them to my cart on Amazon, and I kept my eye on them. Finally, last week, they dropped down to $25, and I decided it was time to treat myself! I didn’t have any non-suede shoes that I could easily slip on that covered my feet enough for the winter; but, because they’re made of canvas, they let my feet breathe enough that they work for the summer too! Also, who doesn’t love a memory foam sole? Added bonus: BOBS, like Toms, donates a pair of shoes to a kid in need for every pair you buy!
- My very first Carhartt: Even here in the South, it can get cold. Fortunately, I’m close enough to the coast that I don’t have to deal with snow as a regular annual occurrence. But, that doesn’t mean I don’t still get some winter precipitation, mine is just in full liquid form, as opposed to fluffy and white. The best winter coat I had up until this past week was a suede letterman’s jacket that my mom and dad bought me for Christmas literally at least 15 years ago. It still works great, except when that liquid stuff comes pouring from the sky. Luckily, my handsome hubby who has worked his fair share in the wet and cold knew just what jacket I needed: a Carhartt. Carhartt is a great brand that’s been around since 1889. They even have cute colors for the ladies, and they’re made of durable cotton that can literally just be tossed in the washing machine to be cleaned!
- Owl City’s Mobile Orchestra: I love Owl City. He’s been one of my favorites since the first time I heard “Fireflies”. I think I have every one of his albums, either in disc form or from iTunes. So, when I realized I hadn’t seen anything new from him in a minute, I hopped online and found Mobile Orchestra. It’s still got that good, almost-electropop sound that we’ve come to associate with Adam Young. It’s also a great mix of sweet love songs and downright worshipful songs (“My Everything” was actually the first song I heard of the album, from my music pastor considering it for church). It’s also got some great collabs on half the songs: Aloe Blacc, Sarah Russell, Hanson (yes, that Hanson), Jake Owen, and Britt Nicole. So, if you’re an Owl City fan, be sure to grab his latest offering and be prepared to have a smile on your face no matter how long your morning commute may be!
- New running shoes: A new year committed to more exercise starts with replacing your seven-year old running shoes. (I wish I was kidding.) I’ve always been a fan of New Balance, because of how comfortable and supportive they are. And, obviously, they hold up really well over time, too! I scored this pair of 635 running shoes on clearance at DSW for only $30!! Don’t you just love the colors?
- 28 Days of Blessing Your Spouse Challenge: Just in time for Valentine’s Day, check out Faith Along the Way’s list of 28 ways to bless your husband during the entire month of February. It’s full of simple and thoughtful ideas to show your husband just how much he means to you. Plus, if you subscribe to her webpage, you can download a free calendar printable of the challenge. While I probably won’t follow her list exactly, I will be using it to get my own ideas! It’s a great way to get in the habit of demonstrating your love for your spouse!
- The Blog Society’s Book Club: Starting today is the Blog Society’s first ever book club! Based out of Australia, I came across this group on Instagram (@blogsociety). Their website is full of resources for bloggers and creative entrepreneurs, also allowing them to connect and collaborate with one another. So, it’s a wonderful idea for them to host a book club, especially with the first book being Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert (author of Eat, Pray, Love). I’ve been meaning to read this book for a while and I’m excited to have other people to discuss it with!
We want to know! What are some things you’re loving this week?