Was your Thanksgiving as great as ours? Sarah survived hosting her first Thanksgiving dinner (and everyone loved it, of course!), and Deborah was a grateful guest again. Good food was had by all, and now we’re ready to be in the full swing of Christmas! Here are some of our favorites of the moment.
- Christmas Lights. It’s now socially acceptable to have your Christmas decorations up (though, I know people who spend Halloween giving out candy while they decorate their Christmas tree, so to each his own), and I love seeing the twinkling lights everywhere! Growing up, we used to pick a night and just drive through random neighborhoods looking at people’s Christmas decorations. I always loved when people would have their picture windows opened so you could see their Christmas tree from the outside; it always looked so warm and cozy. Andrew and I lucked out last year when we found one of those houses that is connected to the music on a certain radio station. We sat there for about 15 minutes just watching it!
- Capsule Wardrobes. I’m not sure if you’ve heard of these, but look them up on Pinterest, and you’ll find one for every season or trip. Andrew and I are going on a cruise in a few weeks with his family, so I’ve been researching capsule wardrobes. Despite us having our own room, I know we won’t have a ton of space, so I’m trying to find creative ways to cut back on the amount of luggage we take. Keeping in mind that we’re the people who somehow manage to fill the entire trunk when we’re going somewhere for the weekend, this should be an adventure in itself! I’ll keep you posted though!
- Cranberry Bliss Bars. I finally had one of these things from Starbucks last week, thanks to #MerryMonday, and, oh my gosh! I loved it!!! It’s honestly pretty simple: blondie brownie with white chocolate chips and dried cranberries in it, with a cream cheese and white chocolate icing. I’m thinking I’ll make a batch for my LifeGroup’s Christmas party in a few weeks too. Might even make a practice batch for myself… *wink*
- Christmas window displays: It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! I love all of the different window displays the shops around town put up this time of year. If you’ve ever been to New York City during the holidays, you know that store windows can be an art form. The beautiful decorations paint pictures of a winter wonderland (the only kind we get in Florida!) and spread Christmas cheer to passersby. I especially love the creativity of some of the local, independent stores, like this Grinch-themed window found at the San Marco Bookstore.
- PaperMate’s InkJoy Pens: A couple of months ago, I bought a new planner and, therefore, needed a new set of ink pens. (My husband just rolled his eyes when I explained this logic.) I knew I wanted different colored ink to keep my weeks interesting but I didn’t want to resort to gel pens. When I was thirteen years old, gel pens were all the rage but the ink flow was unpredictable and had the tendency to smear. Sharpie pens were also another option but they’d bleed through the paper pages of my planner. Then, I came across PaperMate’s InkJoy pens. They’re perfect! The ink comes in variety of different colors that don’t smear or bleed through. The medium point pens write very smoothly and are quite comfortable in my hand. I highly recommend them to anyone looking to add some color to their life!
- The Dogist: I love animals of all kinds—minus the creepy-crawly ones. From rabbits and horses to elephants and bears; even dolphins and sea turtles! I love them all (cats included)! But if I had to choose a favorite out of all of the animals in the world, it would be the dog. I’ve had pet dogs all my life and seriously can’t imagine life without one (or two). 🙂 They’re such loyal creatures with very different personalities. I’m captivated by every dog I meet, which explains why I love The Dogist. It’s a photo-documentary series based out of New York City that focuses strictly on dogs. You can follow The Dogist on Facebook and Instagram, or check out the newly released book, featuring photos of 1,000 dogs of all ages and breeds. There’s nothing that brightens my day more than opening my Instagram feed to find an adorable dog looking back at me.
What are some of your favorite things of the moment?