After the attacks on Paris this past Friday, it has touched both of us to see all the support for our French brothers and sisters. As a country who has experienced similar attacks, we have been honored to come to your aid as you once came to ours.
After this past weekend, it’s nice to take comfort in the little things.
- Blanket Scarves: I love blankets and I love scarves, so this is the best of both worlds! I’m talking about the big, oversized ones that you can wear as a scarf or wrap. They just scream comfort! If you’re dying to add one of these to your wardrobe, like I am, Target has some really cute, affordable options. Or, you can follow this tutorial to make one for yourself or a friend. Christmas will be here before you know it!
- Snail Mail: I don’t know about you but, in this day of constant texting and social media, there’s nothing I love more than opening up the mail to discover someone’s sent me a hand-written letter or card. It’s just so much more personal to me than sending an email. Think about it. Someone spent time picking out that specific card and planning out the message that they carefully wrote inside. (After all, there’s no backspace key in letter-writing.) I enjoy everything about the process, which is why I love to send snail mail myself. This week, I’m dropping a little something in the mail for my South Carolina half, Deborah! I’m so excited!
- Our New Car: A couple of weeks ago, our 2006 Ford Escape broke down and it was determined that it would cost more to fix it than it was actually worth. I was devastated. The car had been very good to us for four years, taking us on multiple trips to the mountains of North Carolina and the Gulf Coast beaches of Florida. The bridal party decorated it at our wedding, ensuring that we would be honked at constantly while on our honeymoon. A lot of good memories were made in that car. Alas, we had to make the decision to trade it in.
We used CarMax, which is the only place we will EVER shop for a car. Their customer service makes car-buying much less stressful than regular dealerships and they always take care of us. They were able to transfer a 2011 Nissan Rogue in from Augusta, GA, and we love it! It’s newer, with a lot less mileage on it, and I know we’ll be able to count on it for the next few years. So, while it wasn’t exactly ideal for us to get a new car at this time, I’m really glad we did.
- Cranberries. I love cranberries. Cranberry juice, cranberry candles, cranberry sauce, anything! I’m one of those people that stocks up on them each fall, freezes them (they can be frozen for up to a whole year!), and uses them throughout the year. My church is having a Thanksgiving dinner next Sunday, and I can’t wait to make a big batch of cranberry sauce to share!
- The Hunger Games trilogy. I read the books first, and I’ve gone to the late night premiere for each of the movies. I spent this past Saturday at my parents’ house watching a 6 hours, 51 minutes marathon of the first three Hunger Games movies, all leading up to the premiere this Thursday night! Andrew and I have bought our tickets, and we’re both excited to watch the final chapter to what has been an awesome series of books and movies.
- New Happy Planner products. Me & My Big Ideas added some new products to their Create 365 line over the weekend. I’m especially loving the storage case, the washi tapes, and the new covers (now they come with front and back pieces!). With my birthday being next Monday, then Christmas right around the corner, I’m crossing my fingers! 😉
What are some things you’ve been loving lately?